Dog Training and Behavior – Classes
- Canine Corral: Dawna Caldwell – long-time C.A.R.E. Supporter!
- In Tune Dog Training: Nancy Le
- Wag’N’Train: Positive Dog Training from Stacy
Dog Training and Behavior – Articles
- The Barking Dog
- Common Misbehavior Problems
- Mouthing And Biting in Puppies
- Play And Exercise
- Socialization – Adult
- Socialization – Puppy
- Acme Dog Services
Since 2006, Acme Dog Services has been providing pet sitting and dog walking services while you are away at work or on vacation. We offer dependable service at affordable rates. With any service you will have our guarantee that your pet will be treated with the same loving care that we give our own pets. Acme Dog Services is currently serving South San Jose and its surrounding areas (Blossom Valley, Almaden Valley, Santa Teresa, Silver Creek, Los Gatos, Willow Glen and Downtown San Jose). An additional fee may be charged for services outside this area.
- Apartment List
Apartment List has a whole team in their office dedicated to expanding our list of pet-friendly apartment listings. They have gotten tons of feedback that finding a pet-friendly apartment is not easy, so they are trying to simplify the process.
- My Apartment Map
My Apartment Map is a housing search web site with pet friendly listings all over the USA. I created this web site after searching for an apartment that would accept my Jack Russell Daisy, and my Beagle Jerry. As a pet owner I found it difficult to find pet friendly apartments, and wanted to help other pet owners find a home quick and easy. We also promote “Adoption.” A lot of times when people are moving to a new home, they have a new furry friend in mind. They may even be searching for pet friendly apartments with the plan of getting a pet soon. We want to promote adopting instead of the local puppy store.
- Personalized Pet Portraits
Janice Yoshihara is a gifted artist and graphic designer. Her larger-than-life portraits capture the animal in a uniquely realistic way. One of her portraits highlights a CARE rescue dog, Pugsley, and his brother, Shorty, who was rescued from the Humane Society. This portrait was a gift for the owner’s 50th birthday. Janice is currently taking new commissions.
- P.E.T.S. (Pets Entertainment & Transportation Services)
Provides dog-walking, feeding, exercising, transportation, and pet-sitting needs. They have been a great supporter of CARE for a long time! (408/370-PETS)
- All Santa Clara County Residents:
Please call 408-465-2920 and press number 6 for the current list of available spay/neuter clinics under the County program.
- City of Milpitas Spay/Neuter Voucher Program: 408-942-3987
- Animal Birth Control: 408-244-8351
- Silicon Valley Animal Rescue Animal Medical Center:
Specializes in spay/neuter surgeries. No sheltering and no adoptions.
- St. Francis of Assisi Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Clinic: 408-683-0866
- ABC Animal Clinic: 408-929-6767
- City of Palo Alto Animal Services: 650-496-5971 (Services animals from other counties)
- Pet Population Control Fund: 707-935-1881
- Humane Society of Oakland: 510-639-PETS
- Spay/Neuter Clinic Ohlone Humane Society: 510-490-4587
- San Francisco SPCA: 415-554-3084
- Spay/Neuter Clinic Peninsula Humane Society: 650-340-8200
- Palo Alto Humane Society: 650-327-0631
- Monterey SPCA: 831-373-2631
- Marin Humane Society: 415-883-4621